The Winnebago County Internship Program is made possible by a Winnebago County Host Fee Fund economic development award to develop workforce diversification. Therefore, the program goals are to:
- Build a diverse pool of skilled, young leaders today
- Retain diverse leaders tomorrow
To achieve the goals of this important initiative, the County has partnered with the Diversity Council of Winnebago County, and other community organizations, to promote the program and recruit potential participants.
To be considered for the internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Has the potential to develop into a future leader of our community
- Interested in career paths associated with the departments and functions within county government; for a listing, visit http://wincoil.us/departments/
- Commit to 4-20 hours per week for the duration of the internship period
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Permanent residence within Winnebago County (preferred)
To apply for the internship program:
Click here to download the interest and nomination forms, and then complete the online application available through the Human Resources Department under employment opportunities: http://wincoil.us/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities/.
Attach to your online application, the following:
- Interest form. Complete the interest form (page 2)
- Nomination form. Ask a teacher, principal, coach, community leader, elected official, or similar to nominate you by completing the nomination form (page 3) Nominations by family members will not be accepted.
- Evidence of GPA. Student applicants must provide evidence of grade point average of 3.0 or above. (e.g. transcript, report card)
Other recommended attachments (optional):
- Cover letter. Submit a formal cover letter regarding your interest in the internship program.
- Resume. Submit a resume describing your work history, volunteer experience, and education.
- Evidence of permanent address. To receive local preference, please provide documentation indicating your permanent address within Winnebago County.
Questions? Contact Winnebago County Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, 404 Elm St, Ste 220, Rockford, IL 61101, (815) 319-4285.