Winnebago County Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Adult Probation Department located?

  • Adult Probation is located at the Adult Probation Center, 526 W. State St, Rockford, Illinois 61101
  • The Resource Intervention Center is located at the Adult Probation Center, 526 W. State St, Rockford, Illinois 61101

  What hours is the Adult Probation Department open?

  • The Adult Probation Department is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.  The office is open until 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Monday of each month.

  What is the main phone number for the Adult Probation Department?

  • The main phone number is 815-319-6250.  If the line is busy, you can access a directory so that you can leave a message for your probation officer.

  What do I do if I cannot make it to my appointment?

  • Probation appointments should be a priority in order to maintain compliance with your court order.  However, if you have an emergency and must reschedule your appointment, you must contact your probation officer before the scheduled appointment and reschedule for a different date or time.

  Where do I pay my fines and restitution?

  • If you want to pay in person, you will need a bring cash or a money order to the Winnebago County Circuit Clerk Office located on the first floor of the Winnebago County Courthouse.
  • If you want to pay by mail, you will send a money order to:

Winnebago County Circuit Clerk
400 W. State St.
Rockford, Illinois 61101
Note: Be sure to include your name and case number.

  Where do I go to get set up with Public Service Work?

  • The Public Service Work Officer is located at the Adult Probation Center, 526 W. State St, Rockford, Illinois 61101.  Be sure to bring your court order with you; a secretary will assist you.  If you need to change your appointment or have questions about your Public Service Work hours, you can call the main line at 815-319-6250 to reach the Public Service Work Officer.

  What can I expect when I first report to the Adult Probation Department?

  • When you initially report from court, you will be given an appointment for the Orientation Group.  This appointment will generally be during your first week of probation.
  • At the Orientation Group, a supervisor will inform you of important information you will need to know while under probation supervision.  You will have a chance to ask questions and will also be given an Adult Probation Handbook to take with you.  At the end of the group, you will be given an appointment card with your first appointment date/time.

  What do I have to do to travel out of state?

  • You must always have the permission of your probation officer prior to traveling out of state.
  • You must be in compliance with probation in order to get permission to travel out of state.
  • If you are not in compliance with your probation, have a history of violent offenses or are a registered sex offender, you must receive permission from the court prior to leaving the state.
  • When requesting permission to travel out of state, be sure to bring in all pertinent information which must include the following:
    • Purpose of the trip
    • Dates of travel
    • Specific destination
    • Where you will be staying (and with whom)
    • Who will be going with you
Facebook Twitter