Forms and Downloads
THE RECORDER SHALL CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL FEE, IN AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE FEE OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, FOR RECORDING A DOCUMENT (OTHER THAN A DOCUMENT FILED UNDER THE PLAT ACT OR UCC FILINGS) THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
- The document shall consist of one or more individual sheets measuring 8.5 inches by 11 inches, not permanently bound and not a continuous form. Graphic displays accompanying a document for recordation may measure up to 11 inches by 17 inches in size without causing the document to be non-standard.
- The document shall be legibly printed in black ink, by hand, type, or computer. Signatures and dates may be in contrasting colors as long as they will reproduce clearly.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20 pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, the bottom, and each side. Margins may be used for non-essential notations which will not affect the validity of the document. Examples of non-essential items may be, but not limited to, form number, page number and customer notations.
- The first page of the document shall contain a blank space, measuring at least 3 inches by 5 inches, from the upper right corner.
- The document shall not have any attachment stapled or otherwise affixed to any page.
A DOCUMENT THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THESE STANDARDS SHALL NOT BE RECORDED EXCEPT UPON PAYMENT OF THE ADDITIONAL FEE REQUIRED UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH.
THIS PARAGRAPH APPLIES ONLY TO DOCUMENTS DATED AFTER JANUARY 1, 1995. (55 ILCS 5/3-5018)
Ptax 203 Instructions
Quit Claim Deed
Warranty Deed Joint Tenancy
Warranty Deed Tenancy by the Entirety
THIS OFFICE PROVIDES NO ASSISTANCE IN FILLING OUT THE FORMS.