Paraprofessional Requirements and Testing Information
To Qualify for an Educator License with Stipulations endorsed for Paraprofessional You must be at least 19 years of age AND One of the following three (3) options must be demonstrated:
- Completed 60 semester hours of college credit at a regionally accredited institution of higher education (evidence is an official transcript); or
- Obtained an associate degree (or higher) at a regionally accredited institution of higher education (evidence is an official transcript); or
- Present Proof of a High School Diploma and meet a formal State assessment by ONE of the following means:
- Passed the ETS ParaPro assessment with a score of 460 or higher (evidence is an official score report); or
- Passed the applicable ACT WorkKeys assessments (Applied Mathematics-4, Reading for Information-4, Writing/Business Writing-3)
- A submitted application and fee in the ELIS system AND
- ONE of the following:
- Official* transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university; or
- Evidence of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalency**; and A copy of the ETS ParaPro score report (460 or higher); or
- Evidence of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalency**; and A copy of the WorkKeys score report (Applied Mathematics - 4, Reading for Information - 4, Writing/Business Writing - 3)
*To be official, transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the college or university or be sent directly by the institution. Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or not sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
**Recognized equivalency includes: GED, HiSET or TASC.
ParaPro Testing Schedule Through October 2017
ParaPro Testing Schedule Through December 11, 2017